Not a big blog this time but a short one.
We had a migration coming up at my current job and wanted to notify the users that they were working on the new environment.
So time to make small popup window.
The popup needed to have a couple of requirements.
- Customizable (Editable text)
- Have hyperlinks in the text
- Had to run when users logs on
- No timer like the popups of RES Workspace
So I made a little popup that loads a HTML file stored on local or on the network.
I provided couple of download links for some source files and some compiled versions
- The PS1 file
- Notification.exe for 32-bit *
- Notification.exe for 64-bit *
- Zipped file with both 32-bit and 64-bit executable *
* Note: You need to place your html file in the same directory as source code: c:\temp\notification.html
You can use this popup for example in RES Workspace. I used it as an global execute command when users logon. Because the popup would only popup once for each user.
And here is the code:
Leave a Reply